The Ministry of Home Affairs issued orders on Wednesday to provide Z-plus security to BJP leader Amit Shah following high threat perception. The decision was taken after a high-level committee, including the Intelligence Bureau, carried out a fresh threat assessment recently.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh who reviewed VIP security Wednesday cleared the security for Shah after going through the committee’s report. The ministry has asked the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to provide all-round security cover in any part of the country to Shah. Shah, a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will be guarded by the CRPF commandos round-the-clock. Besides, armed guards will also be posted at his residence, official sources said.
The BJP leader, who was instrumental in party’s landslide victory in UP in the recent Lok Sabha elections, has been under the security of the Gujarat Police so far.
Shah was arrested in 2010 in connection with the alleged fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his wife Kauser Bi and Sheikh’s associate Tulsiram Prajapati.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More