A local court on Thursday extended till August 5 the interim protection from arrest granted to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, accused of raping and molesting a model-turned-actress, even as the crime branch opposed his anticipatory bail saying that prima-facie a case is made out against him.
“The crime branch has filed their reply opposing the pre-arrest bail of Paraskar and the court adjourned the case till August 5 and extended his interim protection from arrest till the next date”, said Chief Public Prosecutor Kalpana Chavan.
Paraskar had filed an application seeking a pre-arrest bail on July 25 saying that he was innocent and is being falsely implicated in the case. Meanwhile, the complainant model also filed an intervention plea in the court opposing the anticipatory bail application of the senior cop.
“We have filed the intervention plea opposing his pre-arrest bail,” said advocate Chitra Salunke, who is appearing for the model. Paraskar’s lawyer Rizwan Merchant sought an adjournment saying that he wants to file an affidavit detailing all the e-mails shared between the model and Paraskar.
Meanwhile, Chavan also told the court that Paraskar was not cooperating with the court and has not handed over his mobile phone to police.
“Why are you not co-operating with the investigation,” Judge Vrushali Joshi asked Paraskar to which he replied that he was co-operating with the police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chavan also said that when Paraskar was asked to submit his mobile phone he told police that he will have to consult his lawyer. “The victim’s mobile phone is already with police but the accused is yet to give his mobile phone to police,” said Salunke. Suburban Malwani police had last week registered a case against 57-year-old Paraskar under sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home, etc) and 354(D) (stalking) of the Indian Penal Code.