A local court on Thursday extended till August 5 the interim protection from arrest granted to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, accused of raping and molesting a model-turned-actress, even as the crime branch opposed his anticipatory bail saying that prima-facie a case is made out against him.
“The crime branch has filed their reply opposing the pre-arrest bail of Paraskar and the court adjourned the case till August 5 and extended his interim protection from arrest till the next date”, said Chief Public Prosecutor Kalpana Chavan.
Paraskar had filed an application seeking a pre-arrest bail on July 25 saying that he was innocent and is being falsely implicated in the case. Meanwhile, the complainant model also filed an intervention plea in the court opposing the anticipatory bail application of the senior cop.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We have filed the intervention plea opposing his pre-arrest bail,” said advocate Chitra Salunke, who is appearing for the model. Paraskar’s lawyer Rizwan Merchant sought an adjournment saying that he wants to file an affidavit detailing all the e-mails shared between the model and Paraskar.
Meanwhile, Chavan also told the court that Paraskar was not cooperating with the court and has not handed over his mobile phone to police.
“Why are you not co-operating with the investigation,” Judge Vrushali Joshi asked Paraskar to which he replied that he was co-operating with the police.
Chavan also said that when Paraskar was asked to submit his mobile phone he told police that he will have to consult his lawyer. “The victim’s mobile phone is already with police but the accused is yet to give his mobile phone to police,” said Salunke. Suburban Malwani police had last week registered a case against 57-year-old Paraskar under sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home, etc) and 354(D) (stalking) of the Indian Penal Code.