In a shocking case of vigilante justice, two men in their mid-twenties were roughed up, dragged and paraded naked by a mob near here after locals suspected they were thieves, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on May 21 near the famous Cab de Ram Fort, 80 kms South of Panaji, but came to light after visuals of the episode emerged on local TV channels, prompting Goa Police to begin a crackdown on the assaulters.
Both the unidentified men, who have untraceable since the incident, were seen being beaten up, tied with a rope and dragged on the road by a mob of more than 30 people.
Police claimed that they have taken cognisance of the visuals that emerged on channels, and the process to identify the culprits has started.
“One person who headed the entire mob attack has been arrested while more will be nabbed due course of time,” Police Inspector Ram Asre said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He said the video footage aired on local channels have been procured by police to identify those involved in the brutal attack.
According to sources, the trouble started when villagers around Cab de Ram locality suspected that these youths were involved in mobile theft cases.
They were called by villagers under a false pretext of enquiring about a theft and were taken to isolated spot and beaten up.
The footage was clicked by one person in the mob, who later uploaded it on a social networking website.