In a shocking case of vigilante justice, two men in their mid-twenties were roughed up, dragged and paraded naked by a mob near here after locals suspected they were thieves, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on May 21 near the famous Cab de Ram Fort, 80 kms South of Panaji, but came to light after visuals of the episode emerged on local TV channels, prompting Goa Police to begin a crackdown on the assaulters.
Both the unidentified men, who have untraceable since the incident, were seen being beaten up, tied with a rope and dragged on the road by a mob of more than 30 people.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police claimed that they have taken cognisance of the visuals that emerged on channels, and the process to identify the culprits has started.
“One person who headed the entire mob attack has been arrested while more will be nabbed due course of time,” Police Inspector Ram Asre said.
He said the video footage aired on local channels have been procured by police to identify those involved in the brutal attack.
According to sources, the trouble started when villagers around Cab de Ram locality suspected that these youths were involved in mobile theft cases.
They were called by villagers under a false pretext of enquiring about a theft and were taken to isolated spot and beaten up.
The footage was clicked by one person in the mob, who later uploaded it on a social networking website.