At least half a dozen toll plazas were on Monday vandalised by suspected MNS activists here after party chief Raj Thackeray asked workers not to pay toll tariff and “crush” the toll gates.
A toll booth at Dahisar Check post was raided by a group of MNS activists on Sunday night and damaged, according to Thane rural police.
Elsewhere in Kalyan, several toll booths in Kalyan were raided by suspected MNS men led by local MLA Prakash Bhoir, police sources said, adding offences have been registered against miscreants under various sections of the IPC.
In rural Thane, there are 8 toll booths and in the Commissionerate there are five, police said.
The attack came after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray last night asked workers and citizens not to pay even a single penny as toll tariff in the state even if it meant that they had to resort to violence to prevent it.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“If there is any instance just crush the toll nakas. If there is a traffic jam let it be, let the situation take its own course. Do not not bother just don’t pay toll in any of the toll booths,” Raj said.
Additional force has been deployed at all these nakas, police said.
This is not the first time that the party has agitated against toll booths.
On January 16, a MNS legislator was among 20 people arrested for allegedly vandalising a toll booth in Dombivili township of Thane district.
The MNS has been since sometime opposing the collection of toll in the state without providing any amenities and better services to the citizens.
Earlier, suspected Shiv Sena activists had vandalised four toll booths in Maharashtra’s Kolhapur city on January 12.