Irked at the Mizoram government canceling a Cabinet decision to allot senior police officers secretary level posts, a police officers’ body comprised of SPs and senior Home Department officials on Wednesday took exception to the move and said it will “do whatever is necessary” to push for a re-implementation of the decision.
The move comes months after government engineers won a secretary-level post reserved for one of their own after several rounds of strikes. Cadres of the Mizoram Engineering Services were in fact the latest to be reserved such posts – various other service cadres from several Mizoram Organised Services, including the Mizoram Civil Services (MCS), Mizoram Finance and Accounts Services (MF&CS), Mizoram Secretariat Services (MSS) and the Mizoram Judicial Services (MJS) have and are currently heading various departments as secretary-level bureaucrats.
Wednesday’s meeting of officers from the Mizoram Police Services (MPS) condemned the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms’ (DP&AR) revocation of a September 11, 2013 cabinet decision to reserve three top administrative posts under the Home Department for MPS cadres.
“As torch-bearers of the government, we police officers have never shown any kind of unhappiness towards the state. We will negotiate with the government, but if that fails we will do whatever is necessary [to realise our demand],” a statement by the Mizoram Police Service Association said.
This is the second incident of Mizoram’s police personnel publicly complaining about service matters in less than six months. Late last year, a police body made up of more than 13,000 lower-rank personnel ranging from constables to inspectors had jumped the chain of command and directly approached the Chief Minister demanding a wage hike, complaining they were receiving less than their counterparts in various other departments.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016