Mizoram Police have arrested two young men accused of tying up a man in his living room and taking turns to rape his wife in an adjoining room.
P C Lalhruaitluanga (19) and Zarzoliana (20) told a court on Monday they got into an argument with the couple after they were refused bootlegged alcohol by the couple at their house on the outskirts of Aizawl.
“We knew them to be bootleggers, and we wanted to buy some alcohol. They said they did not have it, and we began arguing over it,” Lalhruaitluanga told before Aizawl District Court’s Chief Judicial Magistrate Sylvie Z Ralte on Monday afternoon.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“We had both taken two strips each of Alprozelum (a pharmaceutical drug widely abused by addicts) and drank some alcohol as well. We were not really in our senses,” Lalhruaitluanga said.
According to police, the duo tied the man’s hands with a rope and Zarzoliana led the woman into the bedroom and raped her as his friend remained with the husband.
Zarzoliana then came out and remained with the husband as Lalhruaitluanga too proceeded to rape the woman.
They duo are also accused of stealing money from couple’s house.
The incident took place on Friday last (July 18), however, the victim filed an FIR only on Sunday evening after which police searched for the accused and arrested them.