In a fresh twist, police have arrested the boyfriend of a minor girl who was allegedly raped by seven of his friends, including four minors, after the victim told a court that it was he who first sexually assaulted her and then instigated others to indulge in the crime.
The 17-year-old victim’s statement before Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Lalngaihmawia Zote Tuesday was completely different from the statement given to police where she had given a clean chit to her 21-year-old boyfriend. In the court, she also did not name one of the three 14-year-olds accused of raping her.
According to the fresh statement, the girl said that though they were friends for three years, she did not love the accused. “(On August 3), Around 8 pm (he) came to came to our house at Rolui village and said, ‘We need to talk’. When I pressed him he replied, ‘Come with me and I will tell you’. So I followed him out. He went towards the middle school. When we reached there he said he forgot something and went back, telling me to wait for him.”
In court she said, “After a while he came back alone and immediately cupped his hands over my mouth. I struggled a lot and he was surprised, so he whistled. Six of his friends came out from behind a nearby tree and grabbed hold of me. They carried me towards a retaining wall on the way to Sihphir. Sometimes they dragged me… Near the retaining wall Singh took off my clothes and the others also helped him.”
After the statement, police arrested the youth on Wednesday and took him to district headquarters Lunglei the same night. They produced him before a magistrate Thursday to obtain a 72-hour police remand for further questioning.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016