In a fresh twist, police have arrested the boyfriend of a minor girl who was allegedly raped by seven of his friends, including four minors, after the victim told a court that it was he who first sexually assaulted her and then instigated others to indulge in the crime.
The 17-year-old victim’s statement before Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Lalngaihmawia Zote Tuesday was completely different from the statement given to police where she had given a clean chit to her 21-year-old boyfriend. In the court, she also did not name one of the three 14-year-olds accused of raping her.
According to the fresh statement, the girl said that though they were friends for three years, she did not love the accused. “(On August 3), Around 8 pm (he) came to came to our house at Rolui village and said, ‘We need to talk’. When I pressed him he replied, ‘Come with me and I will tell you’. So I followed him out. He went towards the middle school. When we reached there he said he forgot something and went back, telling me to wait for him.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In court she said, “After a while he came back alone and immediately cupped his hands over my mouth. I struggled a lot and he was surprised, so he whistled. Six of his friends came out from behind a nearby tree and grabbed hold of me. They carried me towards a retaining wall on the way to Sihphir. Sometimes they dragged me… Near the retaining wall Singh took off my clothes and the others also helped him.”
After the statement, police arrested the youth on Wednesday and took him to district headquarters Lunglei the same night. They produced him before a magistrate Thursday to obtain a 72-hour police remand for further questioning.