Mizoram Police have seized three kilograms of RDX, M4 and AK 47 rifles, magazines and ammunition in two separate operations in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls here on April 9.
An M4 A1 carbine machine-gun, 12 rounds of ammunition, four AK 47 rifles, 1200 rounds of ammunition and three magazines were seized from two men at the Khankhawn Police checking-gate Thursday in Champhai, and two people arrested.
In a separate incident a joint operation of Mizoram Police and Assam Rifles seized three kilograms of RDX worth Rs 15 lakhs from a resident of Mizoram, who was subsequently arrested.
Nashik: A 35-year-old debt-ridden farmer, resident of village Waghale in Satana tehsil of Nashik district, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, police said. He was identified as Devidas Dashrath Bhamre. Bhamre’s onion and tomato crops were damaged in last month’s hailstorms. He had taken a loan of Rs 40,000 from a bank, and another Rs 1 lakh from a money-lender. The debt-burden and the losses led him to end his life on Friday, police said. This is the fourth farmer’s suicide reported in the tehsil over the past one month. (PTI)
Hyderabad: A passenger on Saturday allegedly attempted suicide inside a plane at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) at Shamshabad area here. The passenger, identified as Mohd Imtiyaz, slit his throat with a blade in the toilet of the plane, which had just arrived from Dubai. It was not yet clear why he tried to kill himself. “He has been admitted to a hospital and is still unconscious,” RGIA Police Inspector A Krishnaiah said. (PTI)
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016