Mizoram Police have seized three kilograms of RDX, M4 and AK 47 rifles, magazines and ammunition in two separate operations in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls here on April 9.
An M4 A1 carbine machine-gun, 12 rounds of ammunition, four AK 47 rifles, 1200 rounds of ammunition and three magazines were seized from two men at the Khankhawn Police checking-gate Thursday in Champhai, and two people arrested.
In a separate incident a joint operation of Mizoram Police and Assam Rifles seized three kilograms of RDX worth Rs 15 lakhs from a resident of Mizoram, who was subsequently arrested.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Nashik: A 35-year-old debt-ridden farmer, resident of village Waghale in Satana tehsil of Nashik district, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, police said. He was identified as Devidas Dashrath Bhamre. Bhamre’s onion and tomato crops were damaged in last month’s hailstorms. He had taken a loan of Rs 40,000 from a bank, and another Rs 1 lakh from a money-lender. The debt-burden and the losses led him to end his life on Friday, police said. This is the fourth farmer’s suicide reported in the tehsil over the past one month. (PTI)
Hyderabad: A passenger on Saturday allegedly attempted suicide inside a plane at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) at Shamshabad area here. The passenger, identified as Mohd Imtiyaz, slit his throat with a blade in the toilet of the plane, which had just arrived from Dubai. It was not yet clear why he tried to kill himself. “He has been admitted to a hospital and is still unconscious,” RGIA Police Inspector A Krishnaiah said. (PTI)