The 20-year-old woman at the centre of the sexual exploitation case against union minister Nihalchand Meghwal on Tuesday alleged that the minister sent his men to threaten her and also offered her a job if she withdrew the case. She sought an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation and said she wanted to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to narrate her experience in person.
“Nihalchand had sent his men to threaten and coax me into withdrawing the case. They offered me a job if I agreed to drop the charges against him but I will not budge. He must resign from his post immediately,” the woman said at a press conference in Ganganagar.
“I want to meet PM Modi and narrate the entire story in detail so that he understands the authenticity of my statements. I demand a CBI inquiry into the case so that it is not influenced like it was done earlier in 2011,” she said.
The woman was a minor when she was allegedly sexually exploited repeatedly by her husband, Om Prakash Godara and 16 others, including Meghwal, in Jaipur. She has claimed that Godara drugged her food and forced her to engage with other men. She also alleged that Godara, a BJP worker and member of Yuva Morcha in the state, installed CCTV cameras in the house and made CDs of the encounters.
In 2011, she had approached a local court to register a case against Godara and 16 others but a police inquiry found her allegations baseless. The closure report submitted by police was upheld in the court earlier this year. A review petition was thereafter filed by her.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meghwal, the minister of state for Chemicals and Fertilizers, told The Indian Express it was a political conspiracy against him. “Everyone knows the truth. I have nothing to explain,” he said.