A woman’s head was blown into pieces while she was resisting an alleged attempt of molestation and rape by suspected GNLA militants at Raja Rongat in South Garo Hills district of Meghalaya, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was at home with her husband and children when four to five armed militants of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) entered their house at around 6 pm on Tuesday. They locked up her husband and five children inside the house and pulled out the woman.
She was first assaulted and molested. When she resisted, they shot at her with automatic assault rifles from point blank range blowing her head it into almost two pieces, Inspector General of Police (Operations), GHP Raju said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
P A Sangma, MP representing the Garo Hills region, condemned the incident and said the law and order situation in region was worsening everyday. “I strongly condemn the incident and am worried over the Garo Hills situation which is worsening every passing day. This has never been the case in the past. The state government has failed in tackling the situation,” Sangma said.
He said a delegation of his National People’s Party would meet the Minister of State for Home Khiren Rijiju to apprise him of the situation.