Srinagar police have reportedly killed the two militants who were holed up inside a residential house in the outskirts of the city.
Earlier on Monday, the Police have asked the militants to surrender but the ultras have refused the offer so far.
The militants allowed the wife of the house owner, Abdul Majid Rangrez, to leave the building but have detained him inside, police said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
A senior police officer said the security forces have evacuated the civilians from nearby houses to avoid any collateral damage in case the militants do not surrender.
Police launched the operation yesterday following information about presence of militants in Ahmadnagar area.
A brief exchange of firing took place between police and militants last evening, resulting in injuries to one cop.