Unidentified gunmen on Thursday killed a 77-year-old sarpanch in South Kashmir’s Wanpoh area of Kulgam district.
Officials said Gul Mohammed Bhat was attacked by two gunmen when he was sitting at a shop. He sustained multiple bullet injuries and was rushed to hospital, however, he succumbed to injuries.
Gul is the fourth panchayat member who was killed by the militants since the poll process began for the three parliamentary seats in Kashmir. The killing of panchayat members triggered fresh resignations from panchayat members in the region.
Meanwhile, the police have claimed that a foreign militant was killed during an encounter in Tral on Wednesday night. The slain militant has been identified as Abu Muwaih.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More