Unidentified gunmen on Thursday killed a 77-year-old sarpanch in South Kashmir’s Wanpoh area of Kulgam district.
Officials said Gul Mohammed Bhat was attacked by two gunmen when he was sitting at a shop. He sustained multiple bullet injuries and was rushed to hospital, however, he succumbed to injuries.
Gul is the fourth panchayat member who was killed by the militants since the poll process began for the three parliamentary seats in Kashmir. The killing of panchayat members triggered fresh resignations from panchayat members in the region.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, the police have claimed that a foreign militant was killed during an encounter in Tral on Wednesday night. The slain militant has been identified as Abu Muwaih.