A militant was killed in an overnight gunbattle with security forces in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
“The body of the militant has been recovered along with an AK rifle and some ammunition,” a police spokesman said.
Security forces had on Friday cordoned off village Kangan in Pulwama, 35 km from Srinagar, following information about presence of militants in the village.
As the security forces were closing in on the target house, the militants opened firing, which was retaliated.
The exchange of fire stopped after an hour leading to fatal injuries to the militant. The operation was halted for the night and the body of the slain ultra was recovered on Saturday morning.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The spokesman said the identity and group affiliation of the slain militant is being ascertained.