A militant was killed in an overnight gunbattle with security forces in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
“The body of the militant has been recovered along with an AK rifle and some ammunition,” a police spokesman said.
Security forces had on Friday cordoned off village Kangan in Pulwama, 35 km from Srinagar, following information about presence of militants in the village.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As the security forces were closing in on the target house, the militants opened firing, which was retaliated.
The exchange of fire stopped after an hour leading to fatal injuries to the militant. The operation was halted for the night and the body of the slain ultra was recovered on Saturday morning.
The spokesman said the identity and group affiliation of the slain militant is being ascertained.