Kerala police on Friday arrested a migrant worker from Firozabad district in UP in connection with a triple murder reported in Kottayam district.
The worker identified as Narendra Kumar was nabbed from his house in Firozabad. He had been working with a dry clean unit in Kottayam for last two months. The unit was run by retired government employee M Lalason, his wife Prasanna Kumari, and their elder son Praveen Lal. The bodies of Lalason, his wife and son were found in their dry cleaning unit near Kottayam on Sunday morning.
- 23-year-old youth murdered, friend stabbed following road rage in Panchkula
- New Hampshire: Man arrested for shooting mother in hospital, say authorities
- BJP state unit plans grand reception to Kannanthanam
- Lucknow: Father, brother held for murder of 17-year-old who had ‘affair’ with Dalit youth
- Businessman held for ‘staging kidnapping’ to escape lenders
- Firozabad man held for Kerala triple murder
Police said the arrested person would be produced before a local magistrate court in Firozabad on Saturday, before being taken to Kottayam. In a raid held at the arrested person’s house, police said they have recovered the mobile phone and a bag used by the murdered Lal.
As ornaments and money were missing from the house of the murdered, police prima facie suspect that robbery was the motive behind the crime. The three bodies were beheaded and found acid poured on them.
The issue had suddenly made local people suspect about the teaming migrant workers from north and North-East India. There have been stray incidents of crimes, including murders, involving migrant workers in Kerala.