Kerala police on Friday arrested a migrant worker from Firozabad district in UP in connection with a triple murder reported in Kottayam district.
The worker identified as Narendra Kumar was nabbed from his house in Firozabad. He had been working with a dry clean unit in Kottayam for last two months. The unit was run by retired government employee M Lalason, his wife Prasanna Kumari, and their elder son Praveen Lal. The bodies of Lalason, his wife and son were found in their dry cleaning unit near Kottayam on Sunday morning.
- 6 murders, 2 hours, 1 accused: Haryana town’s night of horror
- Chandigarh: Couple among four persons sentenced to life
- Jisha rape and murder case: Quantum of punishment to be pronounced today
- Jisha rape and murder case: Kerala Migrant worker found guilty
- Jisha rape and murder case: Kerala court finds migrant worker Ameerul Islam guilty
- Firozabad man held for Kerala triple murder
Police said the arrested person would be produced before a local magistrate court in Firozabad on Saturday, before being taken to Kottayam. In a raid held at the arrested person’s house, police said they have recovered the mobile phone and a bag used by the murdered Lal.
As ornaments and money were missing from the house of the murdered, police prima facie suspect that robbery was the motive behind the crime. The three bodies were beheaded and found acid poured on them.
The issue had suddenly made local people suspect about the teaming migrant workers from north and North-East India. There have been stray incidents of crimes, including murders, involving migrant workers in Kerala.