A MiG 29K naval combat aircraft has suffered damage while landing on the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya during operations in Arabian Sea off the coast of Goa, a Navy official said on Thursday.
The Russian-origin aircraft had taken off from the Naval airbase INS Hansa in Goa on Wednesday and was landing on the aircraft when it carried out a ‘hard-landing’ causing damage to the nose-wheel undercarriage, the official said.
The pilot of the aircraft is safe and the further details of the damage are being assessed, they said.
The Navy has ordered a Board of Inquiry (BoI) into the incident on the aircraft carrier procured from Russia at a cost of over Rs 15,000 crore late last year.
In this incident on board the 44,500 tonne warship, the pilot missed the first two arrester wires used as aid by the pilot for landing on the carrier and while he was trying to take off again, it got stuck in the third arrester wire causing a hard-landing, Navy officials said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
MiG 29Ks have been procured by India from Russia and India is the only country in the world which operates these twin engine naval fighters.
India has ordered for 45 of these aircraft and this is the first accident involving these aircraft.