Airlines in the Middle East are sucking up the talent out of India leading to a dearth of qualified and competent people back home, a leading industry executive has said.
According to Ravi Menon, the executive director of Air Works, a Mumbai-based aircraft maintenance company, the biggest risk to the maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) space or aviation space is a lack of qualified and competent people. Indian airlines currently opt to go abroad for much of the maintenance work on their planes. “In the last two months, we as an organisation saw 12 key personnel resign to move to Qatar,” Menon told The National.
Airlines in the Middle East are sucking up the talent out of India, he said. According to him, there are schools for training, but those schools are perhaps more theoretical in their approach than practical. “Anyone can open a school, but who is going to train the trainer? These are certain questions that we will be faced with. We’re going to need to have the right hand-holding from developed aviation markets to really participate in this entire training process,” he said.
Menon rated India’s tax and duties structures as one of the biggest challenges in the sector. “For India, although people talk about competitive labour pricing, labour arbitrage can’t be leveraged because it is offset by the high duty and tax structure.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More