The Ministry of Home Affairs has recommended a CBI probe into the death of rural development minister Gopinath Munde, who was killed in a car crash in New Delhi last week. However, a senior official said the final call will be taken by the Prime Minister’s Office.
Sources said the probe was ordered keeping in mind the upcoming legislative elections in Maharashtra. “There are a lot of doubts related to his death not only in his constituency but in the entire state. The government does not want to take any chance of being seen as partisan when it comes to the investigation of this case. A section of the public believes there was a conspiracy behind his death,” said a senior BJP leader.
Munde’s accident was being probed by the Delhi Police, which registered a case for causing death due to negligence and rash driving and arrested Gurvinder Singh, the driver of the Indica car involved in the accident.
The MHA will write to the Department of Personnel and Training — which falls under the PMO — which will issue a formal notification after which the CBI will take over the FIR registered by the Delhi Police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP leaders from Maharashtra, including former party president Gadkari, have already sought a CBI inquiry into the case. “It is Maharashtra’s public opinion that Munde’s death be probed by the CBI,” said Fadnavis.