The Ministry of Home Affairs has recommended a CBI probe into the death of rural development minister Gopinath Munde, who was killed in a car crash in New Delhi last week. However, a senior official said the final call will be taken by the Prime Minister’s Office.
Sources said the probe was ordered keeping in mind the upcoming legislative elections in Maharashtra. “There are a lot of doubts related to his death not only in his constituency but in the entire state. The government does not want to take any chance of being seen as partisan when it comes to the investigation of this case. A section of the public believes there was a conspiracy behind his death,” said a senior BJP leader.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Munde’s accident was being probed by the Delhi Police, which registered a case for causing death due to negligence and rash driving and arrested Gurvinder Singh, the driver of the Indica car involved in the accident.
The MHA will write to the Department of Personnel and Training — which falls under the PMO — which will issue a formal notification after which the CBI will take over the FIR registered by the Delhi Police.
BJP leaders from Maharashtra, including former party president Gadkari, have already sought a CBI inquiry into the case. “It is Maharashtra’s public opinion that Munde’s death be probed by the CBI,” said Fadnavis.