Security around the “vulnerable” Sir Creek strip off the Gujarat coast was discussed at a review meeting chaired by the cabinet secretary on Tuesday. Sources said the Ministry of Home Affairs had been asked to expedite the procurement of four “fast watercraft boats” to secure this particular coastline better.
Security around Sir Creek has been the focus area of the security agencies after the 26/11 Mumbai attacks when a group of 10 terrorists entered Indian territory through the particular sea route.
Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth reviewed the pace of development and construction of vital roads along the Gujarat coast after it was found that only “40 per cent” of the planned projects had been completed even six years after the Mumbai attacks.
“It was decided to expedite the process of procurement of the four fast watercraft boats,” said an MHA official.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016