In yet another horrific incident of sexual violence in Uttar Pradesh, a mentally retarded woman was allegedly abducted and gangraped by two persons in Manduadih area here, police said on Thursday.
The woman was abducted from Manduadih railway station late on Wednesday night by an auto driver Paras Patel and his accomplice Suresh Yadav, and the duo drove the woman to a secluded place and then took turns to rape her, Manduadih police station in-charge Moin Ahmed said here.
Meanwhile, a local intercepted the duo, rescued the woman and informed the police, he said. The woman was admitted to a government hospital here and both the accused were arrested, Ahmed said.
He said the woman seems mentally retarded, however, the possibility of losing her mental stability after the incident can not be ruled out.
Nearly two weeks ago, in Badaun district, two teenage cousins, aged 14 and 15, were found hanging from a tree after they were allegedly gangraped and murdered, sparking country-wide outrage.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More