Confirming that the government has asked the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to vacate the government bungalow, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Tuesday said that this is in tune with the effort to rationalise the UN mission’s presence in India.
Asserting that it has been India’s “consistent and long-standing view that UNMOGIP has outlived its mandate”, MEA’s official spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said they have “monetised” various facilities extended to the organisation.
As first reported by The Indian Express on Tuesday, the government has asked UNMOGIP to vacate the bungalow at 1 AB, Purana Qila Road.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“We have asked the UNMOGIP to vacate the bungalow on Purana Qila Road which they have been occupying free of charge. This is in line with our effort to rationalise the UNMOGIP presence in India. As part of this exercise, we have also monetised some of the facilities that UNMOGIP had been availing free of cost till now,” he said.