Armed Maoists torched a petrol pump owned by a BJP MLA, hurled bombs and opened fire at his residence late last night in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district, police said on Friday.
Around 15-20 armed Maoists swooped on the petrol pump of BJP MLA Ram Surat Rai in Ahiapur police station area, around 10-km from district headquarters, SSP Saurabh Kumar said, adding, the ultras took the staff hostage and set on fire an oil tanker and portion of the petrol pump.
They mercilessly beat up the petrol pump staff before vandalising the petrol pump and setting it on fire, the SSP said. After plundering the petrol pump, the Maoists went to Rai’s residence in Bocha police station area and opened fire besides hurling bombs, the SSP said.
The legislator from Aurai was neither at the petrol pump nor at his home during the attack. His wife and children, present at home, however, were unhurt, he added.
The Maoists, against whom the locals put up a brave resistance, escaped as soon the SSP along with a police force reached the spot, Kumar said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A case has been registered in the Ahiapur police station as well as in the Bocha police station in this connection, the SSP said.