A week before the Maoist-affected districts of Malkangiri and Koraput would go for polls, Maoists have killed a tribal youth accusing him of being a police informer.
Malkangiri SP Akhileswar Singh told The Indian Express that a group of armed Maoists abducted Raju Hantala from his house in Ralegada village. His body with bullet wounds was found in a nearbly forest on Wednesday afternoon.
Two months ago, the Maoists had slit the throat of a tribal NGO worker associated with Orissa Tribal Empowerment and Livelihood Programme. On February 5, Sadananda went to a cut-off area of Malkangiri district with two workers of Watershed Support Services And Activities Network, an NGO, to oversee the OTELP work when they were abducted by the Naxals.
While the Maoists released the two NGO workers, Sadananda was killed later in the day. The Maoists had earlier put up posters and banners at several places in the district asking people to boycott the Lok Sabha and the Assembly polls.
In five months, 20 civilians have been killed by Maoists in Malkangiri and most of the victims were related to Panchayatiraj institutions.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked