A week before the Maoist-affected districts of Malkangiri and Koraput would go for polls, Maoists have killed a tribal youth accusing him of being a police informer.
Malkangiri SP Akhileswar Singh told The Indian Express that a group of armed Maoists abducted Raju Hantala from his house in Ralegada village. His body with bullet wounds was found in a nearbly forest on Wednesday afternoon.
Two months ago, the Maoists had slit the throat of a tribal NGO worker associated with Orissa Tribal Empowerment and Livelihood Programme. On February 5, Sadananda went to a cut-off area of Malkangiri district with two workers of Watershed Support Services And Activities Network, an NGO, to oversee the OTELP work when they were abducted by the Naxals.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While the Maoists released the two NGO workers, Sadananda was killed later in the day. The Maoists had earlier put up posters and banners at several places in the district asking people to boycott the Lok Sabha and the Assembly polls.
In five months, 20 civilians have been killed by Maoists in Malkangiri and most of the victims were related to Panchayatiraj institutions.