Beginning their annual “martyrs’ week” in Dandakaranya on Monday, the CPI(Maoist) admitted that they lost over 200 cadres, including a Central Committee member, in the last one year.
“In the last one year, we have lost over 200 of our leaders, members, People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army commanders and guerrilla fighters, leaders and members of people’s organisations, members of Jan Militia and revolutionary masses,” said a press release issued by the CPI(Maoist), South Regional Committee, Dandakaranya.
They died for their “dream to establish socialism and communism” in the country, it said, while adding that many had died due to natural causes, including Central Committee member Barun Dada and senior comrade Shaheeda Didi.
Numerically, this is among the biggest losses the Maoists have suffered in recent years, probably the biggest since the Salwa Judum years of 2005-2006.
At a Central Committee meeting headed by General Secretary Muppala Laxman Rao alias Ganapathy last year, top leaders had admitted to their depleted weaponry and strength.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Maoists hold the “martyrs’ week” in the memory of Charu Mazumdar, who spearheaded the Naxal movement in Naxalbari, West Bengal.
Meanwhile, security has been stepped up across the region in view of the “martyrs’ week”.