An encounter took place between two rebel outfits, Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) and CPI (Maoist) in Palamau district in the early hours
of Saturday, in which at least 15 TPC men were killed, police said.
However, no body was recovered and a search operation is on, they said.
“People of Kouriya village informed us that 15 or 16 TPC naxalites were killed by the Maoists after an exchange of gunfire. The villagers said all the bodies were carried away by other TPC ultras who also took away the weapons of the dead,” Superintendent of Police of neighbouring Latehar district, Michael S Raj said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Asked whether any ultra from the CPI (Maoist) was killed, he said they had no information on that.
Earlier, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Palamau Range) Ravi Kant Dhan told reporters here that the incident occurred between 2 AM and 3 AM at a spot, about 55 km from here.
A couple of years ago, the TPC ultras had killed ten Maoists in neighbouring Chatra district.
The TPC is a splinter group of the CPI (Maoist).