As security cover was eased in Bastar after the elections,the Maoists killed four CRPF personnel and injured three others on Wednesday morning in Bijapur district. In their first major attack since elections,the Maoists assaulted forces that were part of a road opening party for CRPFs proposed civic action programme in Cheramangi village.
The deceased include Amitabh Mishra,Madan Lal Akhe,Digant Bayan and Dilip Kumar. All belonged to the 168 Battalion of CRPF. “The team was deployed to clear the area between Nukanpal and Dharavaram. Our forces immediately retaliated and we expect some Naxals were also killed,” said RK Vij,ADG (Naxal Ops).
The firing continued for over thirty minutes,as Maoists also exploded a pressure bomb in the area.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In May this year,heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh,killing 27 people including senior party leader Mahendra Karma,state party chief Nand Kumar Patel and former Union Minister V C Shukla.
Recently,security forces had averted a possible landmine explosion by defusing two IEDs weighing 50 kg in Dantewada area of poll-bound Chhattisgarh.