As security cover was eased in Bastar after the elections,the Maoists killed four CRPF personnel and injured three others on Wednesday morning in Bijapur district. In their first major attack since elections,the Maoists assaulted forces that were part of a road opening party for CRPFs proposed civic action programme in Cheramangi village.
The deceased include Amitabh Mishra,Madan Lal Akhe,Digant Bayan and Dilip Kumar. All belonged to the 168 Battalion of CRPF. “The team was deployed to clear the area between Nukanpal and Dharavaram. Our forces immediately retaliated and we expect some Naxals were also killed,” said RK Vij,ADG (Naxal Ops).
The firing continued for over thirty minutes,as Maoists also exploded a pressure bomb in the area.
In May this year,heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh,killing 27 people including senior party leader Mahendra Karma,state party chief Nand Kumar Patel and former Union Minister V C Shukla.
Recently,security forces had averted a possible landmine explosion by defusing two IEDs weighing 50 kg in Dantewada area of poll-bound Chhattisgarh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More