Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday described as “well-balanced” the Vote-on-Account presented by Finance Minister P Chidambaram, saying it portrays a “realistic picture” of the economic situation of the country.
Commenting on the interim budget, Singh said Chidambaram “aptly summarised” the economic and social achievements of the last 10 years “which our Government is proud of”.
“I congratulate the FM for presenting a well-balanced Vote-on-Account portraying a realistic picture of the economic situation in the country,” he said.
Referring to the measures announced about student loans and skill development, Singh said these are aimed at India realising its demographic dividend and help our young.
On ‘One-Rank-One-Pension’ which was announced in the Budget, the Prime Minister said it, “has been addressed comprehensively and I am confident that our forces, officers and jawans will welcome this.”
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation