A chilling video – capturing the last moments of those washed away by the Beas waters – has now gone viral, prompting the parents of the missing engineering students to appeal to television channels to not air the footage as it would traumatise their family members back home.
The video, shot by a local resident, surfaced on Wednesday. It clearly shows the victims struggling to save themselves from the rising waters by clinging onto rocks. “It should not be shown by channels but is good evidence for the probe ordered by the state government,” said B V Suba Rao, a parent.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The video shows students standing on the boulders in the river bed and clicking pictures when waters begin to swirl in the background. Within seconds, the rocks get submerged. Victims are heard screaming while some try to swim to safety but in vain as the currents are too strong. It also shows passers-by and locals looking to save the students before giving up.
Mandi Divisional Commissioner Onkar Sharma, who is part of the government probe, said he would try to get the original video to make it part of evidence. Parents who saw the video said some of the survivors had described the same details.