The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Wednesday ordered that the family of each student who died in the Mandi tragedy would get a compensation of Rs 5 lakh. Of this, Rs 2.5 lakh will be paid by the Larji project while the college will pay the rest.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir and Justice Tarlok Singh Chauhan announced the order after VNR Vignana Jyothi college and the state government filed a status report in in connection with the case.
The order was passed by the court over a PIL initiated on basis of newspaper reports in a suo moto action.
The court also ordered that the officials of the Larji dam project, who were on duty when the tragedy struck, and college officials who accompanied the students, would be made party to the case. It further asked the state government and the college authorities to submit a fresh status report by July 9.
Meanwhile, the criminal investigation into the case, which has already been initiated, will be monitored by the High Court.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More