Bodies of three students of VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology here, who were among the 25 victims washed away in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh on June 8, were brought to the city on Monday.
On Sunday rescue teams recovered these bodies which surfaced in Pandoh Dam, and the three were identified as Bairinene Ritwik, C H Parmeshwar and Muppidi Kiran Kumar.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
After postmortem, the three bodies were flown to Hyderabad.
“Bodies of three students arrived at the RGIA airport here by an Air-India flight this afternoon and they are being
taken to their respective places,” an airport official said.
So far, 16 bodies have been recovered, while nine more victims, including three girls and a male tour leader are yet to be found.
Massive search operations were launched to locate the 24 BTech students and a tour leader, who were washed away in the Beas river on June 8 after a sudden release of water from the reservoir of the Larji hydropower project near Thalot in Himachal Pradesh.