Bodies of three students of VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology here, who were among the 25 victims washed away in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh on June 8, were brought to the city on Monday.
On Sunday rescue teams recovered these bodies which surfaced in Pandoh Dam, and the three were identified as Bairinene Ritwik, C H Parmeshwar and Muppidi Kiran Kumar.
After postmortem, the three bodies were flown to Hyderabad.
“Bodies of three students arrived at the RGIA airport here by an Air-India flight this afternoon and they are being
taken to their respective places,” an airport official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
So far, 16 bodies have been recovered, while nine more victims, including three girls and a male tour leader are yet to be found.
Massive search operations were launched to locate the 24 BTech students and a tour leader, who were washed away in the Beas river on June 8 after a sudden release of water from the reservoir of the Larji hydropower project near Thalot in Himachal Pradesh.