Himachal government has announced an immediate relief of Rs 1.50 lakh to the next of kin of the engineering college students who were washed away in the Beas River on Sunday. “We have announced a compensation of Rs 1.50 lakh to next of kin of each victim and also made arrangement for sending the bodies of the victims and also provided all possible help to the affected families”, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh told reporters.
He said that the Government has also urged the Union government to provide a NDRF battalion to Himachal to deal with natural calamities. The Chief Minister said that an inquiry by Divisional Commissioner, Mandi has already been ordered into the accident and said all vulnerable points along river banks where power projects have constructed dams would be “fenced” so that the
people did not go near these places. Sign boards with warning signals would also be displayed at these places.
The alarm systems would be made more effective and the people would be informed about the alarms so that they take necessary precautions and avoid taking risk, he added.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Twenty-five students of a Hyderabad-based engineering college, who were taking photographs on the bank of Beas, were washed away when the discharge of water in the river suddenly increased due to release of water from the reservoir of 126 MW Larji hydropower project.