A judge in a local court has received a letter from a person claiming to be a top operative of terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Toiba who has threatened to kill him if he did not dismiss a case filed against Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
“We have received a complaint from Judicial Magistrate Gyanendra Tripathi about a letter in which the sender has called himself the LeT’s Pak-occupied Kashmir unit’s chief and asked the judge to quash the case against the J-K Chief Minister. He even threatened to attack him with bombs if he failed to do so”, Senior Superintendent of Police, Allahabad, Manzil Saini said.
“We have directed our Local Intelligence Unit (LIU) to look into the matter though prima facie it appears to be a hoax. The letter was sent through speed post and all the information given in the column meant for the sender has turned out to be fake,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Following Abdullah’s criticism of central ministers statement on Article 370 of the Constitution, a local advocate had filed a complaint in May this year before Tripathi’s court with the request that the J-K CM be tried for sedition for his statement that “either Article 370 will exist or Jammu and Kashmir will not be a part of India.