A man facing trial for allegedly kidnapping a 15-year-old girl in 2007 has been acquitted by a Delhi court after the girl changed her statement, saying that her mother had lodged a false complaint against him.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajneesh Kumar Gupta Vijay Balmiki, a west Delhi resident, free of the offence of kidnapping a woman to compel her for marriage under section 366 of the IPC and held that the girl’s testimony was inconsistent and unreliable. “Prosecution witness 2 (girl) has made inconsistent statements…These inconsistent statements create a doubt in the credibility of her testimony and hence it does not inspire confidence and she is not a reliable witness.
“Accordingly, the prosecution has failed to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt against the accused (Vijay) andhe is acquitted of the charge for the offence punishable under section 366 of the IPC,” the judge said.
According to the prosecution, on September 19, 2007, when the mother of the girl returned home from work she could not find her. Thereafter, she lodged a missing complaint of her daughter. She told the police that she received a call from Vijay, her neighbour who told her that the girl was with him.
Vijay, who was a friend of the girl’s brother, was in love with her and took her away on the pretext of marriage, according to the prosecution.
The girl initially supported her mother’s statement, but later retracted and said that she too was in love with Vijay. it said. The court noted that the girl went to Vijay’s house and started living with him on her own will. Vijay had pleaded innocence, saying that he was falsely implicated in the case.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review