Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Thursday made yet another attempt to woo the minority votes by claiming that her party will not join a BJP-led government at the Centre even if the saffron party begged her to.
“The BJP will not get more than 160 seats and wont be able to form the government in Delhi. There is no question of backing you (the BJP) even if you beg,” Mamata said addressing a rally in Metiabruz area of South-24 Parganas.
Mamata addressed a number of rallies in the district, which has a large concentration of Muslims, in favour of her nephew and All India Trinamool Yuva national president party’s Diamond Harbour candidate Abhishek Banerjee.
Terming Narendra Modi as ‘Dangababu’ (Mr riot), she accused him of inflaming the situation in Assam, where 39 people have died in ethnic violence since Thursday. “Don`t give a single vote to a person who has incited the violence in Assam, rendering thousands of people homeless,” she said.
Referring to the charge by Modi that crimes against women were rising in West Bengal, Mamata said: “I came to know that ‘Dangababu’ has spoken about violence against women in Bengal. But this is not expected from a person who had concealed his wife’s name for so long.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Alleging that Muslims and women feared Modi, Mamata said, “Tyag ka naam hai Hindu, Iman ka naam hai Mussalman. Pyar ka naam hai Isai. Yeh hai hamara pyara Hindustan. Do we have to learn about Hinduism from BJP? Don’t we worship Durga, Kali, Hanuman?” she asked. “People of all faiths caste, creed live together in peace in Bengal. This makes Dangababu very jealous and angry,” she said.