Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Thursday made yet another attempt to woo the minority votes by claiming that her party will not join a BJP-led government at the Centre even if the saffron party begged her to.
“The BJP will not get more than 160 seats and wont be able to form the government in Delhi. There is no question of backing you (the BJP) even if you beg,” Mamata said addressing a rally in Metiabruz area of South-24 Parganas.
Mamata addressed a number of rallies in the district, which has a large concentration of Muslims, in favour of her nephew and All India Trinamool Yuva national president party’s Diamond Harbour candidate Abhishek Banerjee.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Terming Narendra Modi as ‘Dangababu’ (Mr riot), she accused him of inflaming the situation in Assam, where 39 people have died in ethnic violence since Thursday. “Don`t give a single vote to a person who has incited the violence in Assam, rendering thousands of people homeless,” she said.
Referring to the charge by Modi that crimes against women were rising in West Bengal, Mamata said: “I came to know that ‘Dangababu’ has spoken about violence against women in Bengal. But this is not expected from a person who had concealed his wife’s name for so long.”
Alleging that Muslims and women feared Modi, Mamata said, “Tyag ka naam hai Hindu, Iman ka naam hai Mussalman. Pyar ka naam hai Isai. Yeh hai hamara pyara Hindustan. Do we have to learn about Hinduism from BJP? Don’t we worship Durga, Kali, Hanuman?” she asked. “People of all faiths caste, creed live together in peace in Bengal. This makes Dangababu very jealous and angry,” she said.