Mamata Banerjee attracted an impressive turnout from India Inc. on her maiden visit to Mumbai as chief minister on Thursday.
At a closed-door meeting with about 45 CEOs,including Mukesh Ambani,Adi Godrej,Uday Kotak and Hindustan Unilevers Nitin Paranjpe,Mamata reportedly brushed aside concerns about law and order in West Bengal as false propaganda,and hardsold business opportunities in her state.
I have created a land bank of 10,000 acres,a land map,a land use policy. We are undertaking power banking,and we will be in a position to provide power to other states in three years. We have also created an employment bank. Workers are very good and are cheap. In addition,we have started e-tendering,e-procurement and e-taxation. Land procurement is also not a problem any more, she told reporters later.
Mamata,who was accompanied by her finance minister Amit Mitra,quoted Mukesh Ambani as having said,West Bengal is a gold mine.
Mukesh Ambani has already launched 4G services in West Bengal for more than Rs 3,000 crore,and there are so many other areas in which they (industries) can invest. Today we announced the various projects… but details have to be worked out,they have to prepare their DPR,they have to plan. A plan is needed for everything. So let them decide,but they have assured us that they will invest, she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Mamata said she wanted the Bay of Bengal to become the New Goa and Sunderban a popular safari destination. The work culture (in Bengal) is good these days,and there are good relations between industrialists and workers, she said,adding that her government had cut the earlier average annual loss of 78 lakh mandays due to strikes and bandhs to zero.
Other corporate chiefs who attended the meeting included JSW chairman Sajjan Jindal,ITC Group chairman Y C Deveshwar,TCS managing director N Chandrasekaran,RPG chief Harsh Goenka,Videocon head
Venguopal Dhoot and ICICI bank managing director Chanda Kochhar.