Mamata Banerjee attracted an impressive turnout from India Inc. on her maiden visit to Mumbai as chief minister on Thursday.
At a closed-door meeting with about 45 CEOs,including Mukesh Ambani,Adi Godrej,Uday Kotak and Hindustan Unilevers Nitin Paranjpe,Mamata reportedly brushed aside concerns about law and order in West Bengal as false propaganda,and hardsold business opportunities in her state.
I have created a land bank of 10,000 acres,a land map,a land use policy. We are undertaking power banking,and we will be in a position to provide power to other states in three years. We have also created an employment bank. Workers are very good and are cheap. In addition,we have started e-tendering,e-procurement and e-taxation. Land procurement is also not a problem any more, she told reporters later.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mamata,who was accompanied by her finance minister Amit Mitra,quoted Mukesh Ambani as having said,West Bengal is a gold mine.
Mukesh Ambani has already launched 4G services in West Bengal for more than Rs 3,000 crore,and there are so many other areas in which they (industries) can invest. Today we announced the various projects… but details have to be worked out,they have to prepare their DPR,they have to plan. A plan is needed for everything. So let them decide,but they have assured us that they will invest, she said.
Mamata said she wanted the Bay of Bengal to become the New Goa and Sunderban a popular safari destination. The work culture (in Bengal) is good these days,and there are good relations between industrialists and workers, she said,adding that her government had cut the earlier average annual loss of 78 lakh mandays due to strikes and bandhs to zero.
Other corporate chiefs who attended the meeting included JSW chairman Sajjan Jindal,ITC Group chairman Y C Deveshwar,TCS managing director N Chandrasekaran,RPG chief Harsh Goenka,Videocon head
Venguopal Dhoot and ICICI bank managing director Chanda Kochhar.