Pointing out that the landscape of the Mount Kanchenjunga in Nepal where mountaineer Chhanda Gayen is missing for last three days was most complicated, Nepal Consul general today said search operations and security are on to rescue her.
“The search and rescue operations are on to trace her. We have put in our best efforts to recuse her. Tomorrow too there will a search and rescue operations,” the Nepal consul general said after a meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
West Bengal Youth Affairs minister Aroop Biswas said that the Chief Minister rang up Gayen’s family members here and assured them that the state government was doing its best to rescue the climber.
Biswas also told newspersons at the state secretariat that Mamata Banerjee may leave for Nepal tomorrow to expedite rescue operation of mountaineer if necessary clearance from the External Affairs ministry is received.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
No trace of mountaineer Chhanda Gayen was found three days after she went missing trying to climb Mount Kanchenjunga in Nepal, with chances of her survival believed to be negligible.
The inclement weather hampered search operation and they had no news of Gayen and the accompanying two sherpas who went incommunicado since Tuesday after being caught in an avalanche.
“The landscape there is one of the most complicated and for search operations you need a special team and infrastructure. Search operations are on,” Nepal consul general said.