West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday accused the Narendra Modi government of being “insensitive to the poor” and being discriminatory with regard to the 100-days work guarantee scheme.
In a post on her official facebook page, Banerjee said, “Now there is a hearsay that 100-days work will be run in some select blocks of the country on intensified mode. What would happen to the poor people in other blocks? Would they be deprived of work”?
“Attacks on statutory rights of the downtrodden people are not acceptable. Why such action? Why poor people would be deprived? Why such discrimination?” she said, adding why the new government is insensitive about the poor people?
Banerjee also said that the central government was still to pay Rs 885 crore due to the state under MNREGA scheme. “West Bengal is ranked no 1 in the country in terms of expenditure under 100-days work in 2013-14. We exceeded our budget and recorded highest-ever expenditure of more than Rs 5,600 Crore.
“In spite of such achievement, the central government has not released its full share of funds to the state government so far. Nearly Rs.885 crore is still pending. Poor people are not getting their wages”, the chief minister said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016