The Maharashtra government has directed sugar factories to pay a minimum price of Rs 2,650 per quintal for sugarcane to defuse the ongoing farmers agitation that has stalled the functioning of sugar factories across the state.
In the light of the announcement,State Minister for Cooperation and Markets Harshvardhan Patil has urged Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana (SSS) leader Raju Shetty (MP) to take measures to withdraw the agitation in western Maharashtra. The SSS has agreed to the rate of Rs 2,650 per quintal. They have urged the state to take up the matter with Centre to further tackle related issues in the sugar sector.
However,Shetty’s decision to accept a rate below Rs 3,000 per quintal has invited criticism from some quarters within his organisation. A senior activist Raghunath Patil based in Sangli said,Anything below Rs 3,000 per quintal is not acceptable to us. He levelled serious charge against Shetty for hobnobbing with government on the matter.
Shetty,however,dismissed the charge as baseless saying their demand for a higher MSP stays.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest