The Maharashtra government has reviewed its policy of awarding people who give inputs on Naxals activities. It has now decided to increase the maximum award money for information on Naxals from Rs 60,000 to Rs 1 crore.
An informer could win a cash reward of Rs 1 crore for credible inputs on CPI (Maoist) general secretary Ganapathy.
Under the old policy drafted in 2006, a person was awarded between Rs 10,000 and Rs 60,000, based on the notoriety of the Naxal operative and his or her role in the rebel outfit.
The state has now drafted a new policy, Rs 60 lakh will be given for information on members of the politburo or the central military commission of CPI (Maoist). Rs 2 lakh will be given for providing information on members of the Maoist committee.
“The informer risks his life in collecting information about the activities of the Naxals. People will also be more keen on providing information about Naxal activities if the prize money is increased. The present amount is miniscule compared to the risk… and thereby there is a need to increase the award amount,” the home department said in a circular.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This new award scheme will be limited to the districts of Gadchiroli, Gondia, Chandrapur, Nanded, Yavatmal and Bhandara.