Amdist the BJP red-signalling UPA-appointed governors, Maharashtra Governor and senior Congress leader K Sankaranarayanan on Wednesday said he would not quite immediately.
Sankaranarayanan, who has been serving as the Governor of Maharashtra since 2010, said he received two calls from the Home Ministry. “I would think about quitting the office if those at the helm of affairs demanded so. The move from the Home Department would spoil the post of the governor,’’ Sankaranarayan told a TV channel.
Sankaranarayan, a Congress leader from Kerala, was made the Governor of Maharashtra for the second time in May, 2012. Prior to that, he had served in Jharkhand and Nagaland for three years.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage