Decks have been cleared for the dismissal of Madhya Pradesh’s graft tainted IAS couple, Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, from service.
Madhya Pradesh Government had sent a proposal to the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions recommending their dismissal from service, official sources said today.
The proposal has been accepted, they said. The Ministry is the coordinating agency of the Central Government in personnel matters.
An income-tax raid at the residence of the Joshis in 2010 had led to the recovery of Rs 3 crore in cash. Further investigations revealed the MP cadre bureaucrats were in possession of assets disproportionate to their known sources of income and running into several crores.
Following the raid, the couple, now facing prosecution for corruption, were suspended.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016