The Urban Development Ministry has put on hold the UPA government’s last order for allotment of bungalows and extended occupation to Congress leaders and loyalists in Lutyens’ Delhi.
The beneficiaries of the last order by the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation (CCA) in the previous government included Assam CM Tarun Gogoi, former UIDAI chief Nandan Nilekani, Rajya Sabha member K T S Tulsi, former PM Manmohan Singh’s adviser T K A Nair and the late Arjun Singh’s wife Saroj Kumari among others.
The ministry has also decided that bungalows in Lutyens’ zone will only be allotted to the Union Council of Ministers and heads of constitutional bodies, not to MPs. The previous government had allotted bungalows reserved for ministers and heads of constitutional bodies to many MPs, from the discretionary quota of the Minister or through the CCA.
The allotment for MPs is done through the Lok Sabha Secretariat which has a pool of flats and houses.
The ministry has served eviction notices to all current occupants who have been asked to vacate the bungalows by June 18. The Lok Sabha Secretariat has also sent notices to about 265 former MPs in this connection.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016