Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan on Wednesday rejected Rahul Gandhi’s charge of bias, saying she gave opportunities to speak to all members and parties but she could not help it if some people still levelled allegations against her.
When asked about senior Congress leaders like Rahul Gandhi rushing into the Well of Lok Sabha to protest the alleged bias, she shot back that she was also a “senior” parliamentarian and strove hard to do her work with “integrity”.
“I ask you if you will go merely by the allegation somebody levels. You (media)are also witnessing the functioning of Parliament… You are the fourth pillar (of democracy) and you can analyze records and see how many members, which parties were allowed to raise supplementary questions,” she told reporters outside Parliament.
Asked about repeated allegations by the Congress against her, Mahajan said she cannot do anything. “If somebody has to level allegation, then I cannot do anything. I am trying to do my work with integrity. You tell me what can I do about it?,” she said. She told reporters that they could find out themselves by checking records about how she had allowed members and parties chance to ask questions.
Gandhi had stormed the Well in Lok Sabha demanding a debate on communal tension, charging the Narendra Modi government with not allowing discussion in Parliament where he said only one man’s voice is heard.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We are not being allowed to speak in Parliament. We are asking for discussion. There is a mentality in the government that discussion is not acceptable. Everybody feels it, their party feels it, we feel it, everybody feels it,” Gandhi said outside Parliament.