Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said the next Lok Sabha election would be a direct fight between SP and BJP in Uttar Pradesh, and third front would form the government at the Centre.
“Third Front would get majority and SP would be its biggest ally,” Yadav said while addressing his ‘Desh Bachao, Desh Banao’ rally here. He said that there were 80 seats in UP and by winning 50 seats it would emerge strongest as no other state has so many seats.
“BSP repeatedly demand that SP government in Uttar Pradesh should be dismissed. It is not even in the discussion.Remember this, the contest would be between SP and BJP,” Yadav said.
“If anyone can fight against communal forces, it’s only SP and it has done so even in the elections,” he added. The SP supremo alleged that opposition parties were scared with the popularity of SP and therefore they were attacking it. “How many attacks are being made on us in different manner. They are scared. We do not care about attacks. Our people know, but everytime people supported us,” he said.
Mulayam said that there would not be such a chance to strengthen the SP. Addressing the rally, Chief minister Akhilesh said that UP was leading the country in terms of development schemes. During the past two years, the SP government had returned people’s money to people through development and welfare schemes, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Various people and parties had chosen Gorakhpur to conduct historical rallies but today, masses here had shown what a historical rally meant,” the CM said. The SP rally is being seen as a reply to BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi’s rally held on January 23 at the same venue.