Candidates contesting the upcoming Lok Sabha polls in Malwa-Nimar region in Madhya Pradesh have decided to attract the voters by using names by which they are affectionately known in their campaigns.
Senior BJP leader Sumitra Mahajan (70), who is confident of retaining the Indore Lok Sabha seat in Madhya Pradesh for the eighth consecutive time, is using ‘Tai’ by which she is generally known to people in the region.
Similarly, her opponent in Congress Satya Narayan Patel (46) is banking on his popular name ‘Sattu’ to attract voters.
“People feel that they are closer to the leader when the latter are called by their popular names, specially in the rural areas,” a close associate of the Congress leader said here.
In neighbouring Ujjain, sitting MP Prem Chand Borasi (46) is using his popular name ‘Premchand Guddu’ in the campaign.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In Mandsaur Lok Sabha constituency, former independent MLA Paras Saklecha (59) is contesting polls from Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ticket this time, is relying on his popular name ‘Paras Dada’ for the poll victory.
BJP candidate from Khandwa Lok Sabha seat Nandkumar Singh Chouhan (61), too, is banking on the popularity of his nickname ‘Nandu Bhaiya’ to make his place in the minds of voters.
Meanwhile, the candidates contesting the Ratlam-Jhabua Lok Sabha constituency, have the same surname. While Congress has fielded former Union Minister and sitting MP Kantilal Bhuria (64) from this seat, BJP relied on senior tribal leader Dilip Singh Bhuria (68).