With an aim to conduct free and fair Lok Sabha elections, poll officials have seized 1.75 lakh litre liquor worth Rs 4.85 crore from different parts of Madhya Pradesh.
Besides, nearly Rs 1.01 crore cash, gold and silver items worth Rs 2.80 crore, narcotic drugs worth Rs 2.40 crore and other items worth Rs 37 lakh have been seized in the state by poll officials, election office sources said here.
The seizures were made by police, Excise, Income Tax, flying squads and Static Surveillance Team (SST) of the Election Commission, they said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Polling will be held in the state in three phases on April 10, 17 and 24.