The Special Cell of Delhi Police on Thursday filed a chargesheet against two suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives arrested last year and alleged they had hatched a conspiracy to kidnap a businessman for ransom to raise money for weapons and explosives for attacks in the national capital.
The chargesheet filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash alleges that Mohd Rashid and Mohd Shahid entered into “a conspiracy with Abdul Subhan (alleged LeT handler who is absconding) and Javed Baluchi (LeT suspect based in Pakistan) to plot terrorist action in Delhi/adjoining areas”.
Police claimed the arrest of Rashid and Shahid from Haryana’s Mewat last year had unearthed a terror module at an “advanced stage” of planning a major strike in Delhi.
The chargesheet alleges Rashid and Shahid wanted to avenge atrocities during riots against Muslims.
The chargesheet said Shahid, a resident of Mewat “heard about atrocities committed on Muslims during Gujarat riots, Babri Masjid demolition and communal riots in other cities.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“In or around March/April 2013, he met Rashid. Both shared their views on jihad and started meeting regularly,” states the chargesheet.
Police said Rashid informed Shahid he was in regular touch with LeT’s Pakistan-based commander and Shahid would have to help him arrange for a SIM card on a fictitious identity. Police said intelligence agencies provided information in November last that Baluchi was contacted from Rajasthan on mobile phone in Pakistan and there were talks of a terror strike.
According to police, Subhan asked one Liyaqat to introduce him to someone who knew about property business. This, according to the police, was to raise money through abduction. Liyaqat introduced him to Zameer. Last year, Subhan and Rashid met Zameer and Subhan spoke of Zameer’s help for constructing a Masjid.
In their second meeting, he “started talking about atrocities on Muslims and said they should do something to take revenge. Subhan said they needed money.
Subhan disclosed his plan for generating money by kidnapping some businessman for ransom of Rs 5/10 crore. Subhan asked Zameer about a businessman or factory owner in Shamli/Muzaffarnagar.
He asked Zameer to get information about the target,” the chargesheet states. The police claimed Zameer and Liyaqat discontinued their association with Rashid and Subhan after that.