A special “Kasab class” is part of Pakistan-based terror group Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT)’s training module for its new recruits during which they are told about the mistakes committed by Ajmal Kasab during the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
Sources said this was revealed during the interrogation of LeT terrorist Mohd Naveed Jutt alias Abu Hanzala, a resident of Multan in Pakistan, who was arrested by police last month in south Kashmir. Jutt reportedly told interrogators that during ‘Daura-e-Sufa’ (training cadre for religious indoctrination) at Maksar Aksar Camp in 2009, the LeT bosses gave a video presentation to the new recruits in which there is graphic description of Kasab’s mistakes. Among the mistakes pointed out by the LeT in its presentation was the inability of Kasab and his team to destroy the boat that carried them to the Mumbai coast, speaking on satellite phones with real identities, inability to take any hostages and getting arrested.
Jutt is the first Lashkar terrorist who has said in his interrogation that he had met Kasab, the Pakistani terrorist who was hanged last year after being sentenced to death for his role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
Jutt told interrogators that his father was a retired army driver and he, along with his brothers, was part of madrassas which were owned by Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a front for the LeT, sources said. Accused of killing many policemen in south Kashmir, Jutt is reported to have said that he was part of Borevalla Sahiwala camp of LeT in Multan district of Punjab where he had met Kasab, whose father was a butcher at the same madrassa. He recalled Kasab as a reserved person during his brief interaction, which came months before the Mumbai attack.
A Class V dropout, Jutt had entered Kashmir through Keran in north Kashmir in October 2012. He shifted to South Kashmir after spending the winter of 2013 in the Dachigam forest along with 21 terrorists of LeT. He claimed he was tasked with carrying out sensational killing of policemen and central paramilitary forces, sources said, adding that he was allegedly involved in the killing of one police officer at Pulwama in May 2013. He is also alleged to have been involved in an attack on an Army camp in June 2013 and in attacks on police patrol parties in Tral, Shopian, Kulgam — all in south Kashmir.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The accused had also planned to assassinate a National Conference MLC from Wachi, Showkat Ganaie, but the plan had to be aborted because of heavy police presence, sources said.