A leopard has strayed into the city and injured at least two persons creating panic and prompting administration to order closure of schools and colleges.
District administration has also appealed for closure of markets in the city as forest administration and army officials failed to trace the feline which sneaked into the city yesterday.
According to Sanjiv Kumar, SDO forest department,”The leopard was first sighted yesterday morning in a godown. A person entered the store and was attacked and injured by the big cat.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, the animal entered a nearby hospital in army cantonment, and stayed inside a room till late tonight.
A team of Wild Trust of India (WTI) was called to trap the leopard but their bid proved futile as the animal escaped breaking glass panes of window, the officer said.
Crowd of curious onlookers also made the animal nervous and it attacked another person outside the hospital, police said.
Teams of forest department and police are searching the feline in the city.