Expressing dismay over the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday asked the Akhilesh Yadav government to pay special attention towards the security of women and children.
“Law and order situation is not good in the state. There has been a spurt in crime against women and children. As a Union Minister, I will say that the state government should improve law and order,” Irani said while talking to the reporters. “I will talk to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav regarding problems of the state,” the Union minister said.
Reacting to Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav’s statement that law and order situation in UP was better than the other states, Irani said, “he is a senior leader and should make statements after deliberation.”
Terming her defeat as “unfortunate”, she said: “But the people of Amethi have big expectations from me and I will try to live up to them.”
She also took a dig at Gandhi saying people of Amethi did not have any expectations from the present MP.
Irani is on her first visit to the district after becoming a Union Minister. She visited Inhauna village, BHEL Jagdishpur and Musafirkhana after arriving today.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In a meeting with party workers in Gauriganj, she said, “During election I said that I won’t leave Amethi. Today I have come here and its an indicator of that. I may not be an MP from this place, but I will continue to visit.”
Irani also met the people in Baraulia village where more than 55 houses were gutted in fire in May. She directed district magistrate Jagatraj Tiwari to provide housing facilities to those affected in the incident.