The government on Wednesday extended the last date for filing of income tax returns by five days to August 5.
The due date,which was July 31,has been extended in wake of “unprecedented surge” in number of I-T returns being filed electronically.
“As a measure of taxpayers convenience,it has been decided to extend the due date of filing of returns from July 31,2013 to August 5,2013,” the Finance Ministry said.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
As per the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT),there has been an unprecedented surge in number of returns being e-filed.
This year till July 30,about 92 lakh returns have been electronically filed,which is 46.8 per cent higher than the returns e-filed during the corresponding period last fiscal.